Book Covers That Stand Out
When you browse for books, what do you usually look at first? The author’s name, the title, the graphics or pictures, the colors? The purpose of a book cover is to catch the eye of an individual buyer and make them want to pick it up or read more. It is hard to look away when a book cover is beautifully designed. A good book cover can be instrumental is getting someone to buy a particular book.
If you are trying to sell your own book, you want to make sure that you can get the interest of your audience and stand out from your competition. A good cover can help you do just that.
What makes a book cover stand out?
A great book cover design is achieved when all elements work together harmoniously. It is not only just about one thing but the entire cover as a whole. It should capture the attention of people and make them pick the book up. If you are publishing your own work, here are the important elements of a book cover you should always keep in mind in order to get the reaction you are looking for.
- Title. People like to know what a book is all about and a title will give them an idea. A title needs to convey the plot of the book and should be interesting enough to catch the attention of the reader.
- Typography. Fonts are also an important element in a book cover. If rightfully used, it will set the tone of the book. For example, the font of the book’s title will tell the reader what to expect. The action and adventure genre usually uses bold fonts while the romance genre typically uses decorative fonts.
- Colors. Just like fonts, colors also suggest the mood of the book. It evokes emotions from the readers. For example, dark colors suggest that the book is serious or has an intense flow, while vivid colors depict lighter, happy tones.
- Images and photos. The images, photos, or graphics used on the cover should be connected to the book in order to give the reader an idea of what the book is all about in one glance.
Make your cover even more appealing
These are the basic elements you need to understand to make your book cover interesting. But in order to make it effective, you need these elements to work together perfectly. Here are some tips to increase the chances of people choosing your book:
- Think of a unique concept. This is important especially if you are competing with a lot of books in your chosen genre. You may use an important detail in your story and play with it.
- Keep it simple. You might have many ideas but you need to keep the cover simple. Choose only important words or images and make sure that it is clutter-free.
- Use contrasting colors. People should be able to ready the text on the cover so avoid using dark on dark colors or light on light colors.
- Consider the cover size. If you are launching an ebook, keep in mind that the cover should still be readable in thumbnail size.
- Hire a professional cover designer. If you want to have a professional-looking cover, it is better to hire a designer such as Ebook Launch.
Affordable book cover design
Ebook Launch offers affordable book cover designs for ebooks and print. You can start your custom cover design in just 4 easy steps. You only have to share your concept and Ebook Launch will transform it into reality. Order yours now and see your book come to life!